Tuesday, April 20, 2010

nc visit

We had an amazing visit to NC recently. We went down to introduce Ruby to our extended families and to give my mom a surprise birthday party. We were there for about 3 weeks and it still never seems long enough. We are so blessed to have families that love to host us for so long and who love being with us. At least they act like it!
We got to attend an engagement party for my beautiful sister in law and her fiance, Shane. It was so much fun to be there and to be a part of the celebration. We are so thrilled for them as they begin their life together. The wedding is in August and we CAN NOT WAIT! Brent couldn't be with us, and I know he wanted to be, badly! That's the hardest part of living away. Not being there for many big and little events in the lives of our families. Birthday parties,, engagements, family barbecues...and the little things to. Soccer games, school plays, baby sitting opportunities for my nephews...how we miss out!
Here, Poppa is fishing with all of his boys...it was the day after mama's birthday party and we were just hanging out by the lake at their house. The kids loved getting that special time with Poppa, but I think he enjoyed it the most.
These boys love each other like you wouldn't believe. Henry adores Hunter and it is evident in the way he follows him around. He mentions Hunter almost everyday, wondering what he might be doing. Its so sweet. When people ask how old Henry is, his reply is this " I am 4, but my cousin is 6." They get along so well and love to be together.

Harry and Owen will play together too. However, they really just follow their big brothers' around! They both just turned 2, and are only 2 weeks apart! Its so funny how similar their personalities are...funny, mischievous, tender and energetic. They are a sight together. I see years of fun ahead for those two.

Ruby of course enjoyed her trip to NC too. So much of our families made special trips over to meet her. She is one loved little girl...and the first little girl born to my side in 18 years! We had 8 little boys in a row!

Hunter and Owen were very sweet to her and Owen in particular couldn't get enough of her. He loved holding her and thought her "toes" were the best. He has the SWEETEST little voice and I love to hear him talk.

Here I am with my brother, JP, and sister in law, Tara. I just want to take a minute and PRAISE GOD for them and for the work He has done in our lives. He is a God of new beginnings, of reversal of destinies and the One who works it all out! They are so precious to me and I love them and so glad that we are in the same family! They love those two boys of theirs more than life itself and I just love seeing that love play out in their daily lives.

They are SO BUSY! JP works an ever changing, demanding schedule that keeps his internal clock working overtime! I don't know how he keeps up! But he does and is always ready and willing to step up wherever something needs to be done. Tara is SUPERMOM! She is a teacher at the local church preschool and is very good at what she does. The kids and parents ADORE her. I know this, because I see them post it on her Facebook page every day! She also coaches soccer and baseball, is the go to babysitter for many friends, party host, and I think she's even about to start playing ball herself! Talk about energy! I look forward to when we get to spend more time together.

Posted by PicasaHere is the entire Hancock family...Traders included. We had a wonderful time celebrating moms' 60th birthday. We think she was pretty surprised. Surely, she had some idea that we were doing something, but didn't know the details. She'll never tell. So many of her friends and family came to celebrate her life and it was a blessing to us all. Family came that we've not seen in years and I think that meant the most of all.
Thanks to our hosts and for all of the help that we had while we were there. Brent is so good to us and while I know he misses us like crazy while we are there, he knows how important it is to me that our kids spend time with our families. Its important to him too since he pays for us to go!
Can't wait to be there again, visiting and making memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment