Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Visitors



We've been so blessed to have so much of our family come up and see us lately...I'm no fool...it's all about the kids...and I am FINE with that! My mom came several days before Ruby was born. It had been a hard couple of days before she got here and it didn't get much better...some sort of the flu had run its course in our house....EVERY single one of us got it...each with a few different symptoms. Let me tell you...being 40 weeks pregnant and getting the flu is NOT the way to go. I felt horrible! The body aches were the worst for me. However, I will stop my complaining there...I have a friend who passed a kidney stone while she was pushing! Harry was the first to get sick, then Brent, then me and then Henry. While it was bad, it lasted only 48 hours. No, we did not get the flu shot and even though we got the flu of some sort, I am still glad we did not get the flu shot...and our immune systems are better primed now for having it! So, we were all better and i went into labor. We headed to the hospital early Sunday morning. We hadn't been there 30 minutes and my mom called....you guessed it, she had the FLU! We gave it to her and I felt terrible! So, Brent hops back into the car and heads home, leaving me at the hospital. I am so grateful that this was my third baby...I remained calm. My sweet neighbors, who have 2 precious little girls took the boys for the day. Brent made it back in plenty of time and just went back and forth between the hospital and home. While I wanted him there with Ruby and me, he needed to take care of the other ones. After all, I was in a hospital!
Mom was such a huge help to me before and after Ruby came...doing whatever needed to be done and I am forever grateful. Its so wonderful to have help that just knows what you need. Thank you mama (grammy)!


Luckily, mom got over it quickly as well so we were clear to bring Ruby home. My dad came up a couple of days later....the boys were stoked! They get all sorts of sweet treats when the grands are up that we don't usually have...he's feeding them ice cream in this pic! Poppa is a hit every time. Henry always wants to go to the MOA and ride rides at the amusement park...and we do.

Next came Martha and Tommy, my most amazing in -laws. This reserved sweet man turns into the best babysitter I have ever seen. He is crazy over these grand kids and they are crazy about him. He loves to care for them so much, that he usually is encouraging me to get out of the house to have them all to himself. They love to play 'camp' ....getting all the pillows from every bed in the house and heading into a closet, flashlights in tow. I love to stand at the door and listen to them giggle and tell stories. Pops shadow puppets provide good entertainment. Mo, as she is so lovingly called is the laundry queen. I wish I had a picture of her folding laundry and I should since that is what she did 24/7! What a relief, because it is not a chore that I love to do.
Then my sweet sister, whom Ruby is named after, came to see us! We call her oopie.... Its so funny when she comes...Henry says "hey" and then its "did you bring your game?!"....nintendo ds that is. He loves to play it and she helps him. We have to limit him and that thing because he would play it all day. I don't understand it...I can't stand to play video games, but they love it. Brent does too....just not my thing. We took Ruby for her doctor's appt when Alison was here, so she watched the boys. Alison doesn't have much of a stomach for changing diapers, but is willing in a pinch. So, I knew that she would probably be faced with a dilemma while we were at the doctor's office, since Harry hadn't 'been' yet. I apologized and then giggled as we left her with the boys. We got home and sure enough, Harry had been successful...and Alison had too....she puked, but she did it! Ah, the love of an aunt!


Then our LaLa came. She even brought her best friend Casey along for the trip. Casey is like a member of the Trader family and she is always welcome. The boys lovingly refer to her as CeCe and she is a riot. LaLa and CeCe played their hearts out while they were here. I would put the boys down for naptime and CeCe would go down with them. Its is busy around here! We made a trip to the MOA while they were here and talked a little about wedding plans and picked out bridesmaids dresses. Laura is getting married in Sept and we are so excited!!! Her fiance Shane is a great guy and we are so happy for them.









So, we're only lacking a few family members making it up this way....but I think we'll get home before they get a chance to get here. I just want to say THANK YOU to all of you. You have no idea how much you help us and I am so grateful that you even want to come! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment