Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ruby - 1 month old



I can't even believe that our Ruby is already a month old. As I write this, she is actually 7 weeks old today, but I am going to pretend that I got this done on time. So, expect a 2 month blog in a week or so with new 2 month pics!


What a joy she has been and we're enjoying every moment with a newborn in the house. I don't think that I could ever say that we are 'done' with babies...I will always want my own in my arms. Someone else will have to make that decision for me...most likely, that will be my age, but we will see. Do you ever loose that desire to have a new baby in your arms? Maybe some of you do! To me, it's a feeling that I can't even describe. I would say 'magical', but I don't believe in magic...its just,...intoxicating! New life...a miracle, so fresh from God, filled with so much life!!
Ruby started doing well right away and got on a 3hour eating and sleeping schedule. Thankfully! I needed a predictable baby after Harry! She is really trying to hold her head up and is very determined to do so. She of course keeps the attention of her brothers and she is beginning to notice them as well. This little girl should be able to sleep through about anything as loud as it is around here...just the way we like it!



She is in our room and was in our bed mostly the first couple of weeks, but has now transferred in to the bassinet. The bassinet is one that my father and his siblings were also in as infants. It may even be one that my grandmother was in...I can't remember the accurate age of it. In the picture of it, Ruby is in a nightgown that is also an heirloom. I believe that Brent's great grandmother made it and all of her children wore it (Brent's grandmother, Mema) and all of her grandchildren (Brent and his cousins) and now all of this generation has worn it home from the hospital! I LOVE traditions like that and am so thankful that we got to participate. I think it makes me feel closer to all of those gone before us...a camaraderie with our family members.
We are building up the endurance needed to parent three young children as we go through each day. Slam worn out when we hit the sack and ready to begin when we awaken...well, most days anyway. We're so glad you are here with us Ruby ...your spot has been waiting for you.










No comments:

Post a Comment