Saturday, April 18, 2009

NEXT...


To say we've had a busy few weeks is to speak the truth! We've had a really fun beginning to our spring! First we had some dear friends come to visit for a long weekend. The Tobins, (our friends from Appleton, WI), came and were our first guests in MN. Sean and Yvette have 2 kids, Bella (3) and John Michael (almost 3 mos.). Henry and Bella are GREAT friends. They love each other so much and have missed one another terribly since we moved. Henry asks for her or about her about every other day, so their visit was a fun reunion for the two of them.

We were busy while they were here. We took them to the Minnesota Children's Museum, which was AWESOME! There was so much for them to experience! I highly recommend it. They were exhausted when we left.

We also went to the Mall of America and took the kids to Nickelodeon Universe. They had a blast and it was hysterical to see these two little people enjoy the rides. They ran from place to place wanting more and more. Bella is a little more adventurous than Henry and is up for anything! Their dads also rode some of the rides with them, which was also pretty hysterical. The kids decided they wanted to rid ethe log flume, which was a pretty big ride. So, they did, with their dads. Needless to say, it did NOT go over very well. Sean and Bella were in the front and got soaked! Henry and Bella were both terrified on the way down and we have a pretty funny picture to prove it. (I'll try and get that on here sometime- I'm not skilled with a scanner)

We were so happy that they drove to see us. I think that there are a few hard things about our nomadic lifestyle, but one of the hardest is to make such wonderful friends and then to leave them. We are so blessed to have made good friends everywhere we've lived, I just wish they would all move with us!









Next we had our Alison! Or, Oopie as the boys call her. My sister came for her first visit as well. The boys can't get enough of Aunt Oopie. I understand, I can't get enough of her either. She's a wonderful sister and aunt. This time, I think Henry may have been using her somewhat to get at her Nintendo DS! Ha! That's the 2nd thing he said to her. "Hey Oopie! Where's your game?" Oopie came when she did because it was Harry's first birthday! So, she helped me get ready for a little birthday party for Harry. We baked cakes and made cookies for a little get together with some friends here (friends that also live here that we know from NC). However, the boys and I got sick and we didn't get to have the party! Boo hoo. Luckily, we had already done a family dinner and cake so we did get pictures!

The day after my sister left, my mom came for 10 days! We had an awesome visit with Grammy. As I was downloading pics, I realized that I didn't have a single pic of Grammy with my camera! I guess we picked up her camera each time to take pictures of her with the boys, so she'll have to send me some to post. I was so bummed! Anyway, we did some shopping and lots of park hopping since it got warm while she was here. We went to the movies and played lots and lots of trains and read lots and lots of books. Its so nice to have her visit with us. She helps me so much and she's always a pleasure to be with. Its just nice to have MY mommy with me! I miss her terribly and the initial few days after she leaves are ALWAYS VERY HARD for me. I try to be thankful for the time we had and not stay sad for too long. After all, she'll be back in June!

Thanks for all the memories to all of our visitors! We LOVE when friends come to see us!



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment